AIIMS MBBS entrance exam - Syllabus, Date, Application Process, Cutoff & Results
AIIMS (MBBS): The National under-graduate exam is organized to recruit candidates into the MBBS program which is offered at 14 AIIMS throughout the country. Around 2 lacs aspirants apply every year for AIIMS (MBBS). Last year, 7,617 candidates, including 2705 female candidates had cleared the exam.
AIIMS (MBBS) Registration:
- AIIMS MBBS has changed the entire registration process and it comprises of two stages now: Basic registration and final registration. The stage of final registration consists of paying for the exam, choosing the exam center etc.
- The examination fee for general category and OBC students is INR 1500/- whereas for SC/ST candidates the fee is INR 800/-
- The process to fill the application form for AIIMS MBBS is completely online.
AIIMS BASIC REGISTRATION
- Visit the official website of AIIMS MBBS i.e. www.aiimsexam.org
- Click on ‘New Registration’ tab
- All the candidate details should be entered in the given format
- Candidate’s photo and signature should be uploaded once scanned
- This stage does not require candidates to make payments for the exam.
- Candidates can check the status of their forms, if accepted or rejected, till 22 January 2019 and also make required corrections, if required.
AIIMS FINAL REGISTRATION
- After the basic registration is completed, candidates will receive a code for final registration.
- The code is to be used to login and fill the form that will be released 90 days prior to the exam along with the prospectus.
- This stage requires candidates to fill out their personal, professional and academic details.
- Candidates will also be required to pay their application fee as well.
- Payment can be made via bank challan or online
- Candidates are expected to take multiple printouts of the completed application for future use.
Exam Date: AIIMS MBBS exam will be held in two shifts on 25-26 May 2019. The exam will be computer-based and have a total of 200 questions; MCQ from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR AIIMS MBBS
||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
|Type of Exam
|Date of Exam
||25-26 May 2019
|Eligibility Criteria (Marks & Age of the Candidate)
||An aggregate of 60% required in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology in 12th boards. Candidates must have attained 17 years of age.
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Exam
||Computer Based Exam
|Duration of the Exam
||3 hours 30 minutes
|Number of Seats
AIIMS MBBS helpline: In case, students have any queries with respect to the exam, one can always contact the given helpline number or send an email to
Helpline No.: 1800117898
EXAM SCHEDULE: There are certain important dates that every candidate must be aware of.
|AIIMS MBBS Registration
||November 30, 2018 – January 14, 2019
|Availability of Prospectus Online
||January 29, 2019
|AIIMS Final Registration
||February 21 – March 12, 2019
|Availability of Admit Card
||May 15, 2019
|AIIMS MBBS Exam Date
||May 25 - May 26, 2019
|AIIMS MBBS Result
||June 12, 2019
|AIIMS MBBS Counselling Begins
||July 2 – 6; August 2, September 3, 2019
|Commencement of Classes
||August 1, 2019
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility:
- Candidates must fulfill certain basic eligibility criteria before applying for the examination.
- Applicant must be 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete 17 years on or before 31 December 2019.
- Applicants must have passed 12th standard from any recognized board with English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as their subjects.
- Minimum aggregate of 60% marks is required for OBC and General category candidates while SC/ST/OBC candidates require an aggregate of 50% to apply for the exam.
- Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible to apply for the exam.
AIIMS MBBS Reservations:
- A certain percentage of seats are reserved for SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates in AIIMS.
- 100 seats are available for Indian Nationals and 7 for foreign nationals in each AIIMS.
- If SC/ST seats remain vacant, they will be converted to General category seats.
In the six new AIIMS (Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh) which has an intake of 100 students each. AIIMS Nagpur and Guntur has an intake of 50 students each; the reservation policy followed is as such; for candidates to get an estimate:
|People with Disability
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy)
AIIMS MBBS Admit Card:
An admit card is a document that will inform the candidate about the venue, date and time of the examination. Once the cadidate has finished the application process and registered, will be able to access their admit card online. Candidates are required to enter their application number and password to download the admit card.
- Visit the official website www.aiimsexam.org
- Click the link ‘AIIMS MBBS Admit Card’
- Enter your Application number and Password
- Check all the details are correct and press ‘Submit’
- VIew the admit card and verify all the details are correct such as: name, roll number, address, signature, photograph etc.
- Download the Admit card.
- Candidates are expected to take 2-3 printouts of the Admit card for future use.
- Admit cards have to be kept safe till the completion of admission process as it is required for identification process during admission.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Centre:
- At the time of final registration, candidates get the option of choosing their exam centre.
- Candidates are allocated their exam centres on the basis of the number of availability seats.
- There are a total of 153 exam centres all over India for candidates to choose from.
- Decision of AIIMS regarding the allotment of centres, day and shift of the exam will be final.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern:
- AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam will be Computer based test with questions covering sections of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge
- The exam syllabus will cover the entire 11 and 12th class syllabus
- The paper will follow MCQ based pattern and will have a total of 200 questions
- Every correct answers carries one mark and every wrong answer will deduct 1/3rd of the mark.
- The duration of the exam will be for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- The medium of examination will be Hindi and English.
Sectional Distribution in AIIMS MBBS
||No. of Questions
|Biology (Botany and Zoology)
|Aptitude & Logical Reasoning
Check out AIIMS Aptitide Syllabus.
Important Topics in AIIMS MBBS
||Topics to be Covered
||Circular Motion, Electricity, Electro-Magnetic Induction, Electronic Devices, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Measurement, Motion, Nuclear Physics, Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, first law of Thermodynamics., Solids, Wave Motion: Optics.
||Molecule and Chemical Bond, Periodic Properties of Elements, Structure of Atom, Chemistry of Elements and Compounds, Chemical Equilibrium, Energetic, State of Matter.
||Anatomy and Physiology, Developmental Biology, Diversity of Animal Life, Genetics and Evolution (Fundamentals only): (symbiosis), Histology, Reproductive System
||Absorption and cell water relations, transport of water and minerals., Anatomy and Physiology of Plants: Meristems-Plant growth and development., Botany and Human Welfare, History, Importance, Factors and mechanism, Internal and external regulators of growth and development in plants, Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves photosynthesis, Internal structure of dicot and monocot roots, Internal structure of stem and secondary growth, Transpiration and respiration, Tropic and turgor movements, Xylem and Phloem-their cell elements and functions.
||Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events, Famous award and prizes, World Records, Books and authors, Science, History etc.
AIIMS MBBS Answer Key: The answer key for the exam is released soon after the exam. Answer keys for different subjects are available separately. An answer key is useful for the candidates in different ways:
- It will aid the candidate in knowing the correct answer for the questions.
- It helps the candidate in knowing the steps and find correct answers for the questions.
- It will help the candidate in comparing their answers to correct answers.
AIIMS MBBS Result: The result of exam is released online for students to check. The results are declared in the form of numbers and percentiles. To check the results, following steps should be followed.
- Candidates are required to enter their Candidate ID and password on the AIIMS MBBS Results website : aiimsexam.org
- Click on the link ‘AIIMS MBBS Result 2019’
- Candidate will have to enter their Candidate ID, Password and a security pin.
- Once the candidate has submitted the details; press enter.
- The results will appear on the screen.
- Candidates are expected to download the result and print it for further admission processes.
AIIMS MBBS Cut Off 2019: Cut-off scores is the minimum score required by the candidates to ensure their admission in AIIMS. As per 2019, the minimum qualifying criteria is as follows:
- Cutoffs for general category is 50% while for OBC candidates it is 45%
- The cutoffs are determined on the basis of percentile as the exam will be held in two shifts.
||AIIMS Cut Off Marks
AIIMS MBBS Selection Process:
- Candidates who clear the minimum cut off required for their category, will have qualified for the selection process.
- Selected candidates are required to report to their respective AIIMS for undergoing a medical examination.
- The medical examination will be conducted by the medical board which will consist of faculty members set up by the respective AIIMS.
- Based on the results of the competitive entrance exam, merit list will be prepared.
- In situations, wherein candidates have similar scores and percentile in the same category, merit list will be prepared on the basis of:
- Candidate who has obtained higher marks in Biology in the entrance examination
- Candidate who has obtained higher marks in Chemistry in the entrance examination
- Candidate who has obtained higher marks in Physics in the entrance examination
- Candidate who is older in age will be given preference.
- The selected candidates will have to undergo medical examination which will be set up by the Medical institute. In case, a candidate is deemed medically unfit, the next candidate in the list of merit will be admitted.
Counselling Process and Seat Allotment: The counselling process is the last step in AIIMS MBBS 2019.
- AIIMS MBBS 2019 Counselling will begin from first week of July 2019.
- The Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the competitive entrance exam.
- Different category will have different merit lists.
- Invitation for counselling for the applicants will be on the basis of rank secured in the merit list.
Documents required during Counselling Process:
- AIIMS MBBS 2019 Admit Card.
- Rank letter issued by AIIMS.
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate as a proof of date of Birth.
- Marks Sheet of Sr. Secondary Class (12th Class).
- Certificate & Mark-sheet of Secondary Class mentioning Date of Birth.
Additional Documents (if required) required:
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Physical Disability Certificate issued by an authorized Medical Boards. Any certificate issued by any other Authority / Hospital will NOT be entertained.
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority. The OBC Certificate should be valid for Central Government Institutions/Jobs.
- OBC applicants belonging to the Creamy Layer will not be eligible for reserved seats.
Names of AIIMS Institutions:
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bathinda
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bhopal
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bhubaneswar
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Deogarh
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Gorakhpur
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Jodhpur
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Kalyani
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Patna
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rae Bareli
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Raipur
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Telangana
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Mangalagiri
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Nagpur
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). AIIMS MBBS 2019
- Do I have to mention my choice of AIIMS while filling the form?
Ans. No. Candidates can mention their choice of AIIMS only during the counselling procedure.
2. What is the last date to fill the form?
Ans. The last date to finish AIIMS Basic Registration is January 1, 2019 and for AIIMS Final Registration it is March 13, 2019.
3. Where can I access the prospectus for AIIMS MBBS 2019?
Ans. Candidates can access the prospectus on the official website aiimsexams.org. No hard copies of the prospectus will be available.
4. Do I need to upload any documents while filling the form?
Ans. Candidates are required to upload scanned copies of their photograph, signature and thumb impression while filling the AIIMS MBBS application form.
5. How can I check the status of my application?
Ans. Once you log in to your account, the status of your application will be visible on the dashboard after one week of registration.
6. Why has the registration process changed in AIIMS MBBS 2019?
Ans. From past experience, it was found that majority of rejections happened due to improper filling of details by the candidates and to correct that, registration process has been changed.