In eukaryotes which of the following is removed from initially transcribed RNA before it is transported to the cytoplasm for translation ?
(2) 3' Poly A tail
(3) Ribosome binding site
(4) 5' cap
The process of splicing in eukaryotes :
(1) is reminiscent of antiquity
(2) represents dominance of RNA world
(3) is an indicator of the complexity of human genome
(4) is a legacy of organic evolution
In prokaryotes, the predominant site for control of gene expression is the :
(1) transcription initiation
(2) processing level
(3) transport of mRNA
(4) translation level
In Hershey and Chase experiment, what finding led to the conclusion that DNA is the genetic material ?
(1) The presence of radioactivity in the bacteria when 35S was used.
(2) The presence of radioactivity in the supernatant when 35S was used.
(3) The presence of radioactivity in the bacteria when 32P was used.
(4) The presence of radioactivity in the supernatant when 32P was used.
Which of the following important biochemical reactions in living systems is catalyzed by a ribozyme?
(1) Repair of DNA
(2) Electron transport chain
(3) Formation of peptide bond
(4) Organization of MTOC during cell division
VNTR are useful in DNA profiling because they:
I. Are hypervariable
II. Are inherited
III. Synthesize constitutiveenzymes
(1) I, II, III are correct
(2) I and II are correct
(3) I and III are correct
(4) II and III are correct
Which enzyme polymerizes RNA with defined sequences in a template independent manner?
(1) Peptidyl transferase
(2) RNA polymerase
(3) Reverse transcriptase
(4) Polynucleotide phosphorylase
The process of RNA splicing shows the dominance of :
(1) DNA world
(2) RNA world
(3) Protein world
(4) Microbial world
In RNA splicing :
(1) Exons are removed and introns are joined together
(2) Introns are removed and exons are joined together
(3) Cistrons are removed and introns are joined together
(4) Introns are removed and Cistrons are joined together
In eukaryotes RNA polymerase II transcribes :