Green chemistry means such reactions which
1. Produce color during reactions
2. Reduce the use and production of hazardous chemicals
3. Are related to the depletion of the ozone layer
4. Study the reactions in plants
Which of the following statements about photochemical smog is wrong?
1. It has high concentration of oxidizing agents
2. It has low concentration of oxidizing agents
3. It can be controlled by controlling the release of , hydrocarbon, ozone, etc.
4. Plantation of some plants like pinus helps in controlling photochemical smog.
Which one of the following is not a common component of photochemical smog?
3. Peroxyacetyl nitrate
Which one of the following statements regarding photochemical smog is not correct?
1. Carbon monoxide does not play any role in photochemical smog formation
2. Photochemical smog is an oxidising agent in character
3. Photochemical smog is formed through photochemical reaction involving energy
4. Photochemical smog does not cause irritation in eyes and throat
Which oxide of nitrogen is not a common pollutant introduced into the atmosphere both due to natural and human activity?
1. Concentration of dissolved oxygen below 6 ppm is good for the growth of fish
2. Clean water would have a BOD value of less than 5 ppm
3. Oxides of sulphur, nitrogen and carbon are the most widespread air pollutant
4. pH of drinking water should be between 6.5-8.5
1. produce colour during reactions
2. reduce the use and production of hazardous chemicals
3. are related to the depletion of ozone layer
4. study the reactions in plants
Among the following, the one that is not a green house gas is:
1. sulphur dioxide
2. nitrous oxide
Among the following gases which one is damaging the ozone layer?
(1) In which individual interact to each other
(2) By which life originated
(3) The name of a bird
(4) Organic compound by which life diminishes