A reagent suitable for the determinating of N-terminal residue of a peptide is
1. p-toluene sulphonyl chloride
2. 2,4-dinitrophenyl hydrazine
4. 2,4-dinitro fluorobenzene
Phospholipids are esters of glycerol with
1. one carboxylic acid residue and two phosphate groups
2. three phosphate groups
3. three carboxylic acid residues
4. two carboxylic acid residues and one phosphate groups
Which one of the following gives positive Fehling's solution test ?
Which of the following is the sweetest sugar?
a-D-(+)-glucose and b-D-(+)-glucose are
4. Geometrical isomers
The couplings between base units of DNA is through
1. hydrogen bonding
2. electrostatic bonding
3. covalent bonding
4. van der waal's forces
The segment of DNA which acts as the instrumental manual for the synthesis of the protein is
Which of the following structures represents the peptide chain ?
On hydrolysis of starch, we finally get
4. Both 1 and 3
Which of the following is correct about H-bonding in nucleotides?
1. A-T, G-C
2. A-G, T-C
3. G-T, A-C
4. A-A, T-T