Which of the following will give yellow precipitate with I2/NaOH?
4.Both (2) and (3)
A nitrogeneous substance X is treated with HNO2 and the product so formed is further treated with NaOH solution, which produces blue colouration. X can be
The compound which reacts fastest with Lucas reagent at room temperature is:
Methanol and ethanol can be distinguished by the following:
1. By reaction with metallic sodium
2. By reaction with caustic soda
3. By heating with iodine and washing soda
4. By heating with zinc and inorganic mineral acid
In order to accomplish the following conversion, what reagent and conditions would be required?
1. Cold sodium hydroxide
2. Hot conc. sodium hydroxide
3. Potassium tertiary butoxide and heat
4. Hot water
An amine is reacted with benzene sulphonyl chloride then a solid compound is formed which is insoluble in alkali. The amine is:
Which of the following will give positive carbylamine test?
1. N, N-diethyl aniline
2. N methyl propyl amine
3. N, N-diethyl butyl amine
4. 2, 4-dimethyl aniline