Which of the following is not an action of ethylene?
1. Induces leaf abscission
2. Inhibits root hair growth - decreasing the efficiency of water and mineral absorption
3. Induces the growth of adventitious roots during flooding
4. Stimulates epinasty - leaf petiole grows out, leaf hangs down and curls into itself
The formation of interfascicular cambium in plants is due to:-
Heterophyllous development due to environment is an example of:-
1. Developmental noise
2. Norm of the reaction
The PGR used to initiate flowering and for synchronizing fruit-set in pineapples is:
1. Abscisic acid
Cytokinin does not help in:
1. Lateral shoot growth
2. Overcoming apical dominance
3. Adventitious shoot formation
4. Promoting leaf senescence
In most situations, which of the following acts as an antagonist to Gas?
Which of the following is the site for perception of light/dark in plants?
1. Root apex
2. Shoot apex
A flash of red light followed by a flash of far-red light given during the middle of the night to a short-day plant will likely
1. cause increased flower production.
2. have no effect upon flowering.
3. inhibit flowering.
4. stimulate flowering.