During Grams' staining which is incorrect?
(1) All bacteria take crystal violet stain
(2) Gram +ve bacteria take crystal violet stain
(3) Only Gram –ve bacteria take crystal violet stain
(4) Gram –ve bacteria lose this stain after alcohol
Hammerling's experiments on Acetabularia involved exchanging
(3) Rhizoid and stalk
A non-membrane bound organelle found exclusively in animal cells is:
Which of the following are the largest constituentof a typical cell membrane and are also responsible for performing most of the functions of the membrane?
Cell is the fundamental structural and functional unit of all living organisms because:
(1) Anything less than a complete structure of a cell does not ensure independant living.
(2) The metabolic reactions can only occur inside a living cell.
(3) Nucleic acids present in the cells ensure living state.
(4) The membrane bound organelles cause differentiation for proper functioning.
Who concluded, based on his studies on plant tissues, that the presence of cell wall is a unique character of plant cells ?
(1) Mathias Schleiden
(2) Theodore Schwann
(3) Rudolph Virchow
(4) Robert Hooke
Mesosomes in prokaryotes do not help in:
1. Cell wall formation
2. DNA replication
The endomembrane system of a eukaryotic cell does not include:
1. Endoplasmic reticulum
The cis and trans faces of the Golgi Apparatus are:
1. Similar but not interconnected
2. Similar and interconnected
3. Entirely different but interconnected
4. Entirely diffrent and not interconnected
Plastids used in storing proteins are called as: