Oxytocin helps in
(2) Lactation but not childbirth
(3) Childbirth but not lactation
(4) Lactation and Childbirth both
Which of the following are not steroid hormones but still do not act through second messenger system, are small, nonpolar and can be taken orally?
2. estrogen and progesterone
3. insulin and glucagon
4. thyroid hormones (T3 and T4)
Which of the following glands secretes the hormone melatonin?
1. anterior pituitary gland.
3. pineal gland.
4. suprachiasmatic nucleus of hypothalamus
Which of the following regulates carbohydrate, protein and lipid metabolism in a manner opposite to that of insulin?
Hypocalcemia may lead to:-
1. Kidney stones
3. Stronger muscle contractions
Glucocorticoids do not:
1. Stimulate gluconeogenesis
2. Cause lipolysis
3. Cause proteolysis
4. Stimulate cellular uptake and utlization of amino acids
The development of secondary sexual characters in females is primarily controlled by:
Which hormone stimulates exocrine pancreas to secrete water and bicarbonate ions?
4. Gastric inhibitory peptide