The increasing order of hydrolysis of the following compounds:
Consider the given reaction below:
Which of these is true regarding the reaction shown above?
(1) the configuration of the chiral carbon remains same.
(2) the configuration of the chiral carbon gets inverted
(3) the compound formed as a product must be a dextro isomer
(4) the reactant is optically inactive but the product is obtained as a levo isomer.
Read the following road map carefully
(1) Both the ethers obtained by the two routes have opposite but equal optical rotation.
(2) One of the ether is obtained as a recemic mixture.
(3) Step II & III both are SN2 reaction and both have inversion.
(4) Step II has inversion but step III has retention.