NEET 2019 Result - Scorecard, Merit List and Qualifying Percentile
The NEET results are usually out by the first week of June. The NEET result will be published online on the official website (nta.ac.in) of NTA and the results will be obtained in the form of a score card. The most important thing to keep in mind is that in order to score good, one should know how to attempt the NEET Exam to become eligible for admission in MBBS and BDS seats in government, private as well as deemed medical institution.
Every year lot of students have been preparing for long to make their dream a reality and all they need is accurate NEET syllabus to prepare. NEET Syllabus is divided into four subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. Students need to complete all the 97 chapters of NEET Syllabus in order to score good rank in NEET Exam. Also, it is important to know the steps to register for NEET application form. Aspirants of NEET seeking admission at the undergraduate level are advised to check the eligibility criteria of NEET.
Every year more than ten lakh students appear for NEET Exam but how to know which college is good for you. A right college involves a number of factors such as college fees, location, facilities, exposure and placements.
It is important that the person scores minimum qualifying marks. The scorecard for NEET 2019 contain candidates’ All India Rank (quota and category), overall & sectional marks and percentile. The counselling procedure will be started after the result declaration.
NEET Qualifying Percentile
- For Unreserved category the qualifying percentile is the 50th percentile
- For Physically Handicapped the qualifying percentile is 45th percentile
- For Scheduled caste/Scheduled Tribe/ OBC the qualifying percentile is 40th percentile
- The marks obtained by candidate decide the rank of the candidate in All India Medical Entrance
- It is important to note that the candidate can only check their result online and will not be sent by post or any other method.
- The NEET cutoff basically helps candidates to know whether they have qualified the NEET entrance or not, and this will decide admission in medical college
- The NEET result is applicable in almost all the medical colleges EXCEPT AIIMS & JIPMER. These 2 institutes they have own medical entrance.
- In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in NEET, the inter-se-merit of such candidates will be determined in order of preference as follows:
● Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology
● Candidates securing higher marks in Chemistry
● Candidates with less number of attempted wrong questions in all the subjects
● Candidates older in age will be preferred
How to check NEET Result?
NTA will announce NEET Result online after evaluating the answer sheets thoroughly. The steps to check NTA NEET Result are given below:
- Visit the official website of NEET at nta.ac.in.
- Click on NEET Result.
- Enter the required credentials to get NEET Results.
- Enter your NEET credentials – Roll No. and Date of Birth and then submit it after verifying the entered details.
- NEET Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take printout of NTA NEET Score Card.How to calculate NEET
How to calculate NEET Score?
With the help of NEET Answer Key, candidates can calculate their expected scores and ranks. They can tally their answers with those given in answer key before the NEET Result is released.
Formula for calculating NEET Score :
NEET Score=(Total number of correct answers x 4) – (Total number of incorrect answers x -1)
Highlights of NEET Result
- The NEET result helps candidate to check total percentile score, All India rank, marks secured; individually in each section as well as total marks, cut off for 15% ALL INDIA Quota seats and also whether the candidate has qualified the exam or not.
- The NEET result is declared only through online mode by CBSE website.
- To check the result of NEET, candidates are required to enter their NEET Roll Number and Password through the official result link.