The egg apparatus is made up of two ________ and one ________ at the ________ end of the embryo sac.
(1) antipodals, egg cell, micropylar
(2) synergids, egg cell, chalazal
(3) egg cells, synergids, chalazal
(4) synergids, egg cells, micropylar
Consider the following features seen in a plant:
I. Male and female reproductive organs are generally found in separate flowers.
II. The male flowers having a number of long filaments terminating in exposed stamens.
III. The female flowers having long, feather-like stigmas.
The flowers of this plant would most likely be pollinated by:
The cells of which of the following layers of the anther wall are multinucleated due to endomitosis?
(3) Middle layer
A typical angiosperm anther is dithecous which means that it is:
(1) One lobed and the lobe has two theca
(2) Two lobed and each lobe has two theca
(3) Two lobed and each lobe has one theca
(4) Four lobed and each lobe has two theca
Which of the following layers in the wall of an anther nourishes the developing pollen grains?
(4) Middle layers
Pollen intine is made of:
2. Cellulose and pectin
4. Phospholipids and cholesterol
Pollen grains lose their viability within 30 minutes of their release in:
The pistil of Papaver is:
2. Multicarpellary apocarpous
3. Multicarpellary syncarpous
How many of the nuclei in the female gametophyte in angiosperms are surrounded by cell wall?
The only type of pollination that brings genetically different types of pollen grains to the stigma is: