Oxytocin helps in
2. Lactation but not childbirth
3. Childbirth but not lactation
4. Lactation and Childbirth both
Which of the following are not steroid hormones but still do not act through second messenger system, are small, nonpolar and can be taken orally?
2. estrogen and progesterone
3. insulin and glucagon
4. thyroid hormones (T3 and T4)
Which of the following glands secretes the hormone melatonin?
1. anterior pituitary gland
3. pineal gland
4. suprachiasmatic nucleus of the hypothalamus
Which of the following regulates carbohydrate, protein and lipid metabolism in a manner opposite to that of insulin?
Glucocorticoids do not:
1. Stimulate gluconeogenesis
2. Cause lipolysis
3. Cause proteolysis
4. Stimulate cellular uptake and utilization of amino acids
The development of secondary sexual characters in females is primarily controlled by:
Which hormone stimulates exocrine pancreas to secrete water and bicarbonate ions?
4. Gastric inhibitory peptide
A hormone that has intracellular receptors would be
A hormone that is antagonist to the parathyroid hormone is secreted from :
2. Adrenal cortex
4. Parathyroid itself
The immune responses in older people are weak due to the degeneration of: