Which one of the following has the highest melting point?
Highly soluble hydroxide in water is formed by -
What would you observe if excess of dilute NaOH solution is added and shaken with an aqueous solution of aluminium chloride?
1. A permanent white precipitate is formed immediately
2. No change at first but a white precipitate is formed on standing
3. A white precipitate is formed which later dissolves
4. A green precipitate which turns red on standing in air
A colourless salt gives violet colour to Bunsen flame and also turns moistured litmus paper blue. It Is:
Strongest reducing agent among the following is:
When crystal of caustic soda is exposed to air, a liquid layer is deposited because:
1. crystal melts
2. crystal loses water
3. crystal absorbs moisture and CO2
4. crystal sublimes
Which one of the following is formed on dissolving I2 in aqueous solution of KI ?
The correct statement among the following regarding CsBr3 is -
1. It is a covalent compound.
2. It contains Cs2+ and Br- ions.
3. It contains Cs+, Br- and Br2 lattice molecules.
4. It contains Cs+ and ions.
Hypo is chemically:
If NaOH is added to an aqueous solution of Zn2+ ions, a white precipitate appears and on adding axcess NaOH, the precepitate dissolves. In this solution zinc exists in the:
1. cationic part
2. anionic part
3. both in cationic and anionic parts
4. there is no zinc left in the solution