Select the correct match of the digested products in humans given in column I with their absorption site and mechanism in column II.
Column I Column II
1. Glycine and glucose Small intestine and active absorption
2. Fructose and Na+ Small intestine passive absorption
3. Glycerol and fatty acids Duodenum and move as chilomicrons
4. Cholesterol and maltose Large intestine and active absorption
A young infant may be feeding entirely on mother's milk, which is white in colour but the stools, which the infant passes out is quite yellowish. What is this yellow colour due to ?
1. Intestinal juice
2. Bile pigments passed through bile juice
3. Undigested milk protein casein
4. Pancreatic juice poured into duodenum
A dental disease characterised by moltting of teeth is due to the presence of a certain chemical element in drinking water. Which of the following is that element?
Anxiety and eating spicy food together in an otherwise normal human, may lead to
Two friends are eating together on a dining table. One of them suddenly starts coughing while swallowing some food. This coughing would have been due to improper movement of
Which one of the following is a protein deficiency disease?
4. Night blindness
Rennin acts on
1. milk changing casein into calcium paracaseinate at 7.2 - 8.2 pH
2. protein in stomach
3. fat in intestine
4. milk changing casein into calcium paracaseinate at 1-3 pH
In vertebrates lacteals are found in
Release of pancreatic juice is stimulated by
4. Both 2 and ;3
The hormone that stimulates the stomach to secrete gastric juice is