In cymose type of inflorescence:
(1) Main axis continues to grow and the flowers are borne in acropetal succession.
(2) Main axis continues to grow and the flowers are borne in basipetal succession.
(3) Growth is limited and the flowers are borne in basipetal succession.
(4) Growth is limited and the flowers are borne in acropetal succession.
(3) Cymose is determinate inflorescence where the terminal bud forms a terminal flower and then dies out. In basipetal arrangement older flowers occupy the top levels.
Overy is one-chambered but it becomes two chambered due to the formation of a false septum in:
(1) Dianthus and Primrose
(2) Mustard and Argemone
(3) Sunflower and Marigold
(4) Pea and Lemon
(2) The false septum is called as the replum and is found in the mustard family.
In monocotyledonous seeds the outer covering of endosperm separates the embryo by a proteinous layer called as:
(1) Aleurone layer is the outermost layer of the endosperm. Aleurone cells remain alive at maturity. It is a single layer of cells that secrete alpha amylase.
Which of the following is not a floral character of the family Fabaceae?
(1) Calyx - Sepals five, gamosepalous; imbricate aestivation
(2) Corolla - Petals five, polypetalous; vexillary aestivation
(3) Andreoecium - Ten, diadelphous, anther dithecous
(4) Gynoecium - Ovary inferior, bicarpellary, unilocular with many ovules
(4) In Fabaceae, ovaryis superior, mono carpellary, unilocular with many ovules and single style.
In marginal placentation, the placenta forms a ridge along the:
(1) Ventral suture of the ovary
(2) Dorsal suture of the ovary
(3) Anterior suture of the ovary
(4) Posterior suture of the ovary
(1) The ovary in which the placenta forms a ridge along the ventral suture of the ovary and the ovules develop on two separate rows is known to have marginal placentation.
A lateral branch with short internodes and each node bearing a rosette of leaves and a tuft of roots is found in:
Zygomorphic flower is not found in:
(2) Flower in Canna is asymmetric.
The following diagram can represent the position of the ovary in:
(3) The diagram shows half-inferior ovary or perigynous flower seen in rose, plum and peach.
Ovary is one-chambered but becomes two-chambered due to the formation of the false septum in:
(1) The false septum is called as Replum and is seen in the mustard family.
Which of the following is not a correct floral character of the members of family Solanaceae?
(1) Flower : Zygomorphic
(2) Calyx : Valvate aestivation
(3) Stamens : Epipetalous
(4) Fruit : Berry or capsule
(1) Flower in Solanaceae is actinomorphic.