Continued inbreeding can cause inbreeding depression. Whenever, this becomes a problem, selected animal of the breeding population should be mated with:
(1) related superior animals of same breed
(2) related superior animals of diffrent breed
(3) unrelated superior animals of same breed
(4) unrelated superior animals of different breed
(3) A single outcross will overcome this problem.
The best plant explant to raise virus free plant is:
(3) Meristems are generally immune to virus infection
What step actually brings about the improvement in the crop?
2. germplasm collection
3. mutation breeding
1. Once you select the progeny with desired characters you will accomplish the purpose. This selection is vital in plant breeding experiments
The agriculture practice of breeding and raising livestock is called as:
(3) Animal husbandry
(3) Read page 165, XII NCERT
Consider the following two statements:
I. In spite of having more than 70 per cent of the world livestock population, the contribution of india and china to the world farm produce is only 25 per cent.
II. The productivity per unit of cattle in these countries is very low.
(1) Both I and II are true and II explains I
(2) Both I and II are true but II does not explain I
(3) I is true but II is false
(4) Both the statements are not true
(2) Read page 166, XII NCERT
The management of animals for milk and its products for human consumption is called as:-
1. Animal breeding
4. Animal husbandry
Read page 166 of XII NCERT
Which of the following is the most important factor that would lead to increased milk yield in cattle ?
(1) Selection of good breeds
(2) Resistance to diseases
(3) Stringent cleanliness and hygiene
(4) Provision of ideal environmental conditions to cattle
(1) read page 166, XII NCERT
Amongst the following the number of fresh water fishes is:
Catla, Rohu, Common carp, Hilsa, Sardines, Mackerel, Pomfrets
Read page 169, XII NCERT
A group of animals related by descent and similar in most characters like general appearance, features, size, configuration, etc., are said to belong to a:
(4) Variety is used for plants and strains for microbes.
The purposeful manipulation of plant species in order to create desired plant types that are better suited for cultivation, give better yields and are disease resistant is called:
2. Genetic farming
4. r DNA technology
1. Read page 170, XII NCERT