The development of secondary sexual characters in females is primarily controlled by:
Which hormone stimulates exocrine pancreas to secrete water and bicarbonate ions?
4. Gastric inhibitory peptide
A hormone that has intracellular receptors would be
A hormone that is antagonist to the parathyroid hormone is secreted from :
2. Adrenal cortex
4. Parathyroid itself
The immune responses in older people are weak due to the degeneration of:
Which of the following endocrine glands is under the direct neural regulation of the hypothalamus?
3. Posterior pitutary
4. Adrenal medulla
Which of the following is true?
1. Hormones regulate cellular functions, and generally negative feedback regulates hormone levels.
2. The circulating level of a hormone is held constant through a series of positive feedback loops.
3. Both lipid-soluble hormones and water soluble hormones bind to intracellular protein receptors.
4. The ducts of endocrine organs release their contents into the bloodstream.
All the following are secreted by the anterior pituitary except:-
Identify the incorrect statement:
1. In males FSH regulates spermatogenesis
2. Thyroid gland produces T3 and thyroxine (T4) hormones
3. ACTH stimulates secretion of glucocorticoids
4. PTH is a hyperglycemic hormone
Hormones that act by interacting with intracellular include all the following except: