Which loses weight on exposure to the atmosphere ?
1. Concentrated H2SO4
2. Solid NaOH
3. A saturated solution of CO2
4. Anhydrous sodium carbonate
Which of the following compound is weakest Lewis acid ?
Which does not show inert pair effect
Pick the correct statement :
(1) Borax is white crystalline solid containing [B4O5(OH)4]2- units
(2) Aqueous solution of borax is acidic in nature.
(3) Cobalt gives green colour in borax bead test.
(4) All are incorrect.
Mark the oxide which is amphoteric in character
(1) there is direct boron-boron bond
(2) the structure is similar to that of C2H6
(3) the boron atoms are linked through hydrogen bridges
(4) all the atoms are in one plane
(1) monobasic and weak Lewis acid
(2) monobasic and weak bronsted acid
(3) monobasic and strong Lewis acid
(4) tribasic and weak Bronsted acid
From the B2H6 all the following can be prepared except:
(2) [BH2(NH3)2]+ [BH4]-
Which of the following shows correct Lewis acidic strength order of trihalides of boron ?
(1) BCl3 > BBr3 > BF3 > BI3
(2) BF3 < BBr3 < BCl3 < BI3
(3) BF3 < BCl3 < BBr3 < BI3
(4) BF3 >BCl3 > BBr3 > BI3
The correct order of ease of hydrolysis is
1. CCl4 < SiCl4 < PCl5 < AlCl3
2. AlCl3 < CCl4 < PCl5 < SiCl4
3. CCl4 < AlCl3 < PCl5 < SiCl4
4. CCl4 < AlCl3 < SiCl4 < PCl5