The experimental proof for semiconservative replication of DNA was first shown in a:
1. Franklin Stahl coined the term "linkage".
2. Punnett square was developed by a British scientist.
3. Spliceosomes take part in translation.
4. Transduction was discovered by S. Altman.
Offsets are produced by:
1. Starch synthesis in pea: Multiple alleles
2. ABO blood grouping: Co-dominance
3. XO type sex determination: Grasshopper
4. T.H Morgan: Linkage
Select the correct match:
1. Alec Jeffreys – Streptococcus pneumoniae
2. Alfred Hershey and Martha Chase – TMV
3. Matthew Meselson and F. Stahl – Pisum sativum
4. Francois Jacob and Jacques Monod – Lac operon
Which of the following has proved helpful in preserving pollens as fossils?
1. Pollen kit
2. Cellulosic intine
3. Oil content
3. O2 concentration
4. CO2 concentration
The two functional groups characteristic of sugars are:
|1.||Hydroxyl and methyl||2.||Carbonyl and methyl|
|3.||Carbonyl and phosphate||4.||Carbonyl and hydroxyl|