Select the statement(s) that relate to reproductive health:
(1) Healthy reproductive organs with normal functions
(2) Emotional aspects of reproduction
(3) Social aspects of reproduction
(4) All of the above
What does RCH stand for?
1. Reproductive and Complete Health
2. Regional and Central Healthcare
3. Reproductive and Child Healthcare
4. Reproductive and Cumulative Health
Statutory ban on amniocentesis in India was necessary because:
1. It is a very expensive
2. It can tell about chromosomal aberrations
3. It is an invasive procedure and carries high risk of abortions
4. It can be used for pre-natal sex determination to be fetus leading to female feticides
Which of the following cannot be detected in a developing foetus by amniocentesis?
1. Klinefelter's syndrome
2. Sex of the foetus
3. Down's syndrome
The permissible use of the technique amniocentesis is for
1. detecting sex of the unborn foetus
2. artificial insemination
3. transfer of embryo into the uterus of a surrogate mother
4. detecting any genetic abnormality
What is the approximate Indian population according to the recent census (May 2000)?
(1) About 1 billion
(2) About 1 million
(3) About 10 billion
(4) About 15 million
Which of the following is not a factor that has led to population explosion in India?
(1) Decline in death rate
(2) Decline in maternal mortality rate
(3) Decline in Infant mortality rate
(4) Decline in number of people in reproducible age
Choose the correct statements:
I. According to the WHO, reproductive health is total well-being in the physical, social, emotional, behavioural aspects of reproduction
II. According to the WHO, reproductive health is total well being only in the social and emotional aspects of reproduction.
III. A reproductively healthy society has people with physically and functionally normal reproductive organs
IV. Reproductively healthy societies have abnormal sex-related emotional and behavioural interactions
1. I, II, III
2. II, IV
3. I, III
In context of amniocentesis, which of the
following statements is incorrect?
1. It is used for prenatal sex- determination
2. It can be used for detection of Down syndrome
3. It can be used for detection of cleft palate
4. It is usually done when a woman is between
14-16 weeks pregnant
Which one of the following is tested by the technique of amniocentesis?
1. Biochemical abnormalities in the foetus
2. Errors of metabolism in the foetus
3. Chromosomal abnormalities in the foetus
4. All of the above