The DNA molecule to which the gene of interest is integrated for cloning is called:
The cutting of DNA at specific locations became possible with the discovery of?
1. Restriction enzymes
3. Selectable markets
The introduction of t-DNA into plants involves?
1. Infection of the plant by Agrobacterium tumefaciens
2. Altering the pH of the soil, heat-shocking the plants
3. Exposing the plants to Cold for a brief period
4. Allowing the plant roots to stand in water
Which vector can clone only a small fragment of DNA?
1. Bacterial artificial chromosome
2. Yeast artificial chromosome
Which of the following is not correctly matched for the organism and its cell wall degrading enzyme?
1. Plant cells- cellulose
2. Algae - Methylase
3. Fungi - Chitinase
4. Bacteria - Lysozyme
DNA fragments generated by the restriction endonucleases in a chemical reaction can be separated by:
1. Polymerase chain reaction
3. Restriction mapping
The colonies of recombinant bacteria appear white because of:
|1.||Insertional inactivation of alpha-galactosidase in non-recombinant bacteria|
|2.||Insertional inactivation of beta-galactosidase in recombinant bacteria|
|3.||Inactivation of glycosidase enzyme in recombinant bacteria|
|4.||Non-recombinant bacteria containing beta-galactosidase|
The figure below is the diagrammatic representation of the E. coli vector pBR 322. Which one of the given options correctly identifies its certain components (s)?
1. Ori-original restriction enzyme
2. Rop-reduced osmotic pressure
3. Hind III, Eco RI-selectable markers
4. AmpR, tetiR-antibiotic resistance genes
Which one of the following is a case of wrong matching?
|1.||Somatic hybridization- Fusion of two diverse cells|
|2.||Vector DNA- Site for tRNA synthesis|
|3.||Micropropagation- In vitro production of plants in large numbers|
|4.||Callus - Unorganized mass of cells produced in tissue culture|