The correct statement among the following about C5H11Br is-
1. It has total 8 isomers, 4 are primary alkyl bromide isomers and 2 are tertiary alkyl bromide isomers.
2. It has total 7 isomers, 4 are primary alkyl bromide isomers and 2 are tertiary alkyl bromide isomers.
3. It has total 8 isomers, 4 are primary alkyl bromide isomers and 3 are secondary alkyl bromide isomers.
4. It has total 7 isomers, 3 are secondary alkyl bromide isomers and 1 is a tertiary alkyl bromide isomer.
Match the items in column I with the column II.
|Column I: Structures||Column II: IUPAC name|
|a.||i. 4-Bromo- 3-methylpent-2-ene|
1. a=iii; b=iv; c=i; d=ii
2. a=ii; b=iv; c=i; d=iii
3. a=iv; b=i; c=ii; d=iii
4. a=iv; b=ii, c=iv; d=iii
The number of monochloro structural isomers formed on free radical monochlorination of (CH3)2CHCH2CH3 is-
Consider the following reaction
The product A is-
4. None of the above
Consider the following reaction.
The product A and B are respectively-
1. A= R-CH2-CN; B= R-CH2-NC
2. A= R-CH2-NC; B= R-CH2-CN
3. A= R-NCH-CH3; B= R-CH2-CN
4. A= R-CH2-NC; B= R-CHN-CH3
In the following pairs of halogen compounds, the pair that would undergo SN2 reaction faster-
Correct statement among the following is-
a. For SN2 reactivity order is CH3CH2CH2CH2Br > (CH3)2CHCH2Br > CH3CH2CH(Br)CH3 > (CH3)3CBr
b. For SN1 reactivity order is (CH3)3CBr > CH3CH2CH(Br)CH3 >CH3CH2CH2CH2Br >(CH3)2CHCH2Br
c. For SN1 reactivity order is C6H5CH2Br < C6H5CH(CH3)Br < C6H5CH(C6H5)Br< C6H5C(CH3)(C6H5)Br
d. For SN2 reactivity order is C6H5CH2Br > C6H5CH(CH3)Br > C6H5CH(C6H5)Br > C6H5C(CH3)(C6H5)Br
The correct statement(s) is/are-
1. a, b
2. b, c
3. a, c, d
4. b, d
The incorrect match among the following is-
a. = chiral
b. = chiral
c. = chiral
d. = chiral
1. a, b
2. b, c, d
3. c, d
4. c, b
Assertion(A): chlorine is an electron-withdrawing group, yet it is ortho-, para- directing in electrophilic aromatic substitution reactions.
Reason(R): Halogen atom is a ring deactivator.
1. Both assertion and reason are true, and reason is the correct explanation of the assertion.
2. Both assertion and reason are true, but reason is not the correct explanation of the assertion.
3. Assertion is true but reason is false.
4. Assertion is false but reason is true.