Identify the incorrectly matched pair:
1. Obelia Metagenesis
2. Planaria Free living with high regeneration capacity
3. Ancylostoma Acoelomate
4. Nereis Parapodia
Subtopic:  Phylum Coelenterata | Phylum Ctenophora | Phylum Aschelminthes | Phylum Annelida |
 85%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

What is a critical difference between Cnidaria and Ctenophora?
1. Cnidarians are diploblastic, ctenophores are triploblastic.
2. Cnidarians are bilaterally symmetrical, ctenophores are radially symmetrical.
3. Cnidarians have a gastrovascular cavity, ctenophores do not.
4. Cnidarians possess cnidocytes, while ctenophores do not.
Subtopic:  Phylum Coelenterata | Phylum Ctenophora |
 79%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

The salient features of Ctenophora include:
1. Radial symmetry and presence of a water vascular system
2. Bilateral symmetry and absence of nematocysts
3. Radial symmetry and bioluminescence
4. Bilateral symmetry and presence of a coelom
Subtopic:  Phylum Ctenophora |
 94%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

advertisementadvertisement

Animals can be categorised on the basis of their symmetry. Which of the following statements are correct?
I: Sponges are mostly asymmetrical.
II: Coelenterates, ctenophores and adult echinoderms have radial symmetry.
III: Annelids and  arthropods exhibit bilateral symmetry.
 
1. Only I and II
2. Only I and III
3. Only II and III
4. I, II and III
Subtopic:  Phylum Porifera | Phylum Coelenterata | Phylum Ctenophora | Phylum Annelida | Phylum Arthropoda | Basis of Classification |
 90%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Identify the incorrect statement:
1. Mesoglea is present in between ectoderm and endoderm in Obelia.
2. Asterias exhibits radial symmetry as an adult
3. Fasciola is a pseudocoelomate animal
4. Taenia is a triploblastic animal
Subtopic:  Phylum Ctenophora | Phylum Platyhelminthes |
 74%
Level 2: 60%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

Choose the correct match showing level of organisation (given in Column-I) with examples of the animal (given in Column-II):
Column-I Column-II
A. Organ level (i) Pheretima
B. Cellular aggregate (ii) Fasciola
C. Tissue level (iii) Spongilla
D. Organ system level (iv) Obelia

1. i-B, ii-C, iii-D, and iv-A
2. i-B, ii-D, iii-C, and iv-A
3. i-D, ii-A, iii-B, and iv-C
4. i-A, ii-D, iii-C, and iv-B
Subtopic:  Phylum Porifera | Phylum Coelenterata | Phylum Ctenophora | Phylum Annelida | Basis of Classification |
 91%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.

advertisementadvertisement

Consider the given statements:
Statement I: Arthropoda is the largest phylum of Animalia.
Statement II: Mollusca is the second largest animal phylum.
Statement III: Ctenophora is the third largest animal phylum.
 
1. Statement I is correct; Statement II is correct; Statement III is incorrect
2. Statement I is correct; Statement II is correct; Statement III is correct
3. Statement I is correct; Statement II is incorrect; Statement III is incorrect
4. Statement I is incorrect; Statement II is correct; Statement III is incorrect
Subtopic:  Phylum Ctenophora | Phylum Arthropoda | Phylum Mollusca |
 84%
Level 1: 80%+
Please attempt this question first.
Hints
Please attempt this question first.