In cymose type of inflorescence:
(1) Main axis continues to grow and the flowers are borne in acropetal succession.
(2) Main axis continues to grow and the flowers are borne in basipetal succession.
(3) Growth is limited and the flowers are borne in basipetal succession.
(4) Growth is limited and the flowers are borne in acropetal succession.
Ovary is one-chambered but it becomes two chambered due to the formation of a false septum in:
(1) Dianthus and Primrose
(2) Mustard and Argemone
(3) Sunflower and Marigold
(4) Pea and Lemon
In monocotyledonous seeds the outer covering of endosperm separates the embryo by a proteinous layer called as:
Which of the following is not a floral character of the family Fabaceae?
1. Calyx - Sepals five, gamosepalous; imbricate aestivation
2. Corolla - Petals five, polypetalous; vexillary aestivation
3. Andreoecium - Ten, diadelphous, anther dithecous
4. Gynoecium - Ovary inferior, bicarpellary, unilocular with many ovules
In marginal placentation, the placenta forms a ridge along the:
1. Ventral suture of the ovary
2. Dorsal suture of the ovary
3. Anterior suture of the ovary
4. Posterior suture of the ovary
A lateral branch with short internodes and each node bearing a rosette of leaves and a tuft of roots is found in:
Zygomorphic flower is not found in:
The following diagram can represent the position of the ovary in:
Ovary is one-chambered but becomes two-chambered due to the formation of the false septum in:
Which of the following is not a correct floral character of the members of family Solanaceae?
1. Flower : Zygomorphic
2. Calyx : Valvate aestivation
3. Stamens : Epipetalous
4. Fruit : Berry or capsule