The chances of contacting bird flu from a properly cooked (above 100°C) chicken and egg are:
1. very high
A group of animals which are related by descent and share many similarities are referred to as:
Inbreeding is carried out in animal husbandry because it:
1. increases vigour
2. improves the breed
3. increases heterozygosity
4. increases homozygosity
Sonalika and Kalyan Sona are varieties of:
Which one of the following is not a fungal disease?
1. Rust of wheat
2. Smut of Bajra
3. Black rot of crucifers
4. Red rot of sugarcane
In virus-infected plants the meristematic tissues in both apical and axillary buds are free of virus because:
1. the dividing cells are virus resistant
2. meristems have anti viral compounds
3. the cell division of meristems are faster than the rate of viral multiplication
4. Viruses cannot multiply within meristem cell (s).
Fungicides and antibiotics are chemicals that:
1. enhance yield and disease resistance
2. kill pathogenic fungi and bacteria, respectively
3. kill all pathogenic microbes
4. kill pathogenic bacteria and fungi respectively.
Use of certain chemicals and radiation to change the base sequences of genes of crop plants is termed:
1. recombinant DNA technology
2. transgenic mechanism
3. mutation breeding
4. gene therapy.