Which of the following statements is not correct with respect to the epithelial tissue?
(1) It covers the external surface of the body and internal surface of many organs.
(2) The neighbouring cells are held together by cell junctions and there is very little extra cellular material.
(3) The epithelial cells rest on a cellular basement membrane that separates it from underlaying connective tissue.
(4) There is no blood vessel supplying the nutrients to the epithelial cells.
(3) The basement membrane is a non-cellular structure.
When secretary granules leave cell by exocytosis with no loss of other cellular material, the glands are called
(2) An example of merocrine gland would be pancreas. in Holocrine and apocrine there is loss of cellular material.
Large amoeboid cells, that are a part of our innate immune system, found in the areolar tissue are called as:
(2) Mast cells
(1) Macrophages are differentiated from monocytes and are phagocytic.
The cells that release heparin and histamines in the blood are:
(2) Mast cells
(1) Mind the word "blood". Mast cells are in tissues.
In cockroach, the formation of ootheca is by the secretions of:
(1) Prothoracic glands of male
(2) Prothoracic glands of female
(3) Colleterial glands of male
(4) Colleterial glands of female
Bipolar neurons are found in humans in:
(2) Spinal cord
(3) Embryonic stages
(4) Olfactory epithelium
(4) Another common location would be retina.
Identify the incorrect statement:
(1) In both male and female cockroach, 8th and 9th tergites are mostly covered by the 7th
(2) Ventrally, the abdomen in cockroach has only 9 sternites in males and 7 in females
(3) In female cockroach, the 7th sternite along with 8th and 9th forms gynatrium
(4) the anterior most part of the gynatrium is called the oothecal chamber
What is incorrect regarding Periplaneta americana?
(1) Excretion by malpighian tubules
(2) Hemolymph delivering oxygen to tissues
(3) Paurometabolous development
(4) Mosaic vision
(2) Blood [hemolymph has no RBC or pigment]. Oxygen is delivered by system of tubes.
NCERT Page 113
The type of caartilage present in the epiglottis, pinna and tip of the nose is:
Which of the following does not help in excretion in Periplaneta americana
(1) Fat body
(2) Urecose glands
(4) None of these
(4) Page 114, XI NCERT