The water potential and osmotic potential of pure water is :
1. 100 and zero
2. Zero and Zero
3. 100 and 100
4. Zero and 100
If a cell A with DPD, 4 bars is connected to cells B, C, D whose OP and TP are respectively 4 and and 4, 10 and 5 and 7 and 3 bar, the flow of water will be:
1. C to A, B and D
2. A and D to B and C
3. A to B, C and D
4. B to A, C and D
To initiate cell plasmolysis, the salt solution should be :
4. None of the above.
Plant cells submerges in distilled water will become:
Osmosis is defined as the process in which :
1. Water diffuses from low solute concentration to high solute concentration
2. Solutes diffuse from lower concentration to higher concentration
3. Active transport of ions take place
4. Passive transport of ions take place.
Water potential in the leaf tissue is positive (+ve) during:
1. Excessive transpiration
2. Low absorption
3. Low transpiration
4. High Transpiration
If cohesion-tension transpiration theory is correct then a break in water column in xylem vessels :
1. should cause the mesophyll cells to become flaccid and result in wilting of leaves.
2. should increase the water contents of leaves
3. shouls have no effect at all
4. should increase the rate of photosynthesis.
Which one is not related to transpiration?
2. Circulation of water
3. Absorption and distribution of mineral salts
4. Regulation of plant body temperature.
A plasmolysed cell can be deplasmolysed by placing it in :
1. Pure water or hypotonic solution
2. Hypertonic solution
3. Isotonic solution
4, Saturated solution