Which of the following glands secretes the hormone melatonin?
1. anterior pituitary gland.
3. pineal gland.
4. suprachiasmatic nucleus of hypothalamus
Which of the following regulates carbohydrate, protein and lipid metabolism in a manner opposite to that of insulin?
Hypocalcemia may lead to:-
1. Kidney stones
3. Stronger muscle contractions
Glucocorticoids do not:
1. Stimulate gluconeogenesis
2. Cause lipolysis
3. Cause proteolysis
4. Stimulate cellular uptake and utlization of amino acids
The development of secondary sexual characters in females is primarily controlled by:
Which hormone stimulates exocrine pancreas to secrete water and bicarbonate ions?
4. Gastric inhibitory peptide
A hormone that has intracellular receptors would be
A hormone that is antagonist to the parathyroid hormone is secreted from :
2. Adrenal cortex
4. Parathyroid itself
The immune responses in older people are weak due to the degeneration of:
Which of the following endocrine glands is under the direct neural regulation of the hypothalamus?
3. Posterior pitutary
4. Adrenal medulla