On heating lead nitrate forms oxides of nitrogen and lead. The oxides formed are-
Which of the following elements does not show allotropy?
The maximum covalency of nitrogen is-
Which of the following statements is wrong?
1. Single N—N bond is stronger than a single P—P bond.
2. can act as a ligand in the formation of coordination compound with transition elements.
3. is paramagnetic in nature.
4. Covalency of nitrogen in is four.
A brown ring is formed in the ring test for ion. It is due to the formation of-
3. [Fe(H2O)4 (NO)2]2+
4. FeSO4. HNO3
Elements of group-15 form compounds in +5 oxidation state. However, bismuth forms only one well-characterized compound in +5 oxidation state. The compound is-
On heating ammonium dichromate and barium azide separately we get
1. in both cases
2. with ammonium dichromate and with barium azide
3. with ammonium dichromate and with barium azide
4. with ammonium dichromate and with barium azide
In the preparation of , we get gas by catalytic oxidation of ammonia. The moles of NO produced by the oxidation of two moles of will be ......... .
The oxidation state of the central atom in the anion of the compound will be-
Which of the following is not tetrahedral in shape?