1. The magnitude of the charge on the ion alone
2. Size of the ion alone
3. Both magnitude and sign of the charge on the ion.
4. The sign of the charge on the ion alone.
Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(1) Catalyst does not initiate any reaction
(2) The value of equilibrium constant is changed in the presence of a catalyst in the reaction equilibrium
(3) Enzymes catalyse mainly biochemical reaction
(4) Coenzymes increase the catalytic activity of enzyme
The addition of a catalyst during a chemical reaction alters which of the following quantities?
(1) Internal energy
(3) Activation energy
Fog is a colloidal solution of:-
1. Gas in liquid
2. Solid in gas
3. Gas in gas
4. Liquid in gas
The decomposition of phosphine (PH3) on tungsten at low pressure is a first-order reaction. It is because the
1. rate is proportional to the surface coverage
2. rate is inversely proportional to the surface coverage
3. rate is independent of the surface coverage
4. rate of decomposition is very slow
The coagulation values in millimoles per litre of the electrolytes used for the coagulation of As2S3 are given below
I. (NaCl) = 52, II. (BeCl2) = 0.69, III. (MgSO4) = 0.22
What is the correct order of their coagulating power?
1. I > II > III
2. II > I >III
3. III > II > I
4. III > I >II
What are the characteristics associated with adsorption?
1. ∆G, ∆H, and ∆S are all negative.
2. ∆G and ∆H are negative, but ∆S is positive.
3. ∆G and ∆S are negative, but ∆H is positive.
4. ∆G is negative, but ∆H and ∆S are positive.