Presence of plants arranged into well defined vertical layers depending on their height can be best seen in
(1) tropical savannah
(2) tropical rain forest
(4) temperate forest
Which one of the following is related to Ex-situ conservation of threatened animals and plants?
(1) Wildlife Safari parks
(2) Biodiversity hotspots
(3) Amazon rainforest
(4) Himalayan region
The region of biosphere reserve, which is legally protected and where no human activity is allowed is known as
(a) core zone
(c) transition zone
(b) buffer zone
(d) restoration zone
Alexander Von Humboldt described for the first time:
1. Laws of limiting factor
2. Species-Area relationships
3. Population Growth equations
4. Ecological Biodiversity
How many hotspots of biodiversity in the world have been identified till date by Norman Myers?
Which of the following is correctly matched?
(1) Arenchyma - Opuntia
(2) Age pyramid - Biome
(3) Parthenium hysterophorus - Threat to biodiversity
(4) Stratification - Population
Red List contains data or information on
(1) all economically important plants
(2) plants whose products are in international trade
(3) threatened species
(4) marine vertebrates only
Which is the National Aquatic Animal of India?
1 River dolphin
3. Blue whale
4. Gangetic shark
Which of the following National Parks is home to the famous musk deer or hangul?
1. Keibul Lamjao National Park, Manipur
2. Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh
3. Eaglenest Wildlife Sanctuary.
4. Dachigam National Park, Jammu and Kashmir