Ecology explains us:-
1. How organisms, while remaining as an individual interact with other organisms
2. How organisms, interact with physical habitats as a group
3. As a group how organisms behave like organised wholes that is population community, ecosystem or even as the whole biosphere
4. All of these
Birth rate = B
Death Rate = D
Emigration = E
Immigration = I
A. Population is stable
I. B + I > D + E
B. Population is increasing
II. B + I = D + E
C. Population is decreasing
III. B + I < D + E
IV. B + E > D + I
(1) A - II, B - I, C – III
(2) A - II, B - IV, C - III
(3) A - III, B - IV, C – I
(4) A - I, B - II, C - IV
ln the given figure, identify Coniferous forest, Arctic and Alpine Tundra and tropical forest, respectively:-
1. l, Vl and lll
2. V, Vl and lll
3. lV, lll and l
4. l, ll and lll
A wide variety of habitats within a biome can be a result of
1. Regional variation of temperature and precipitation.
2. Local variation of temperature and precipitation
3. Both 1 and 2
4. Natural selection
1. All the biological factors in the organism environment
2. The physical space where an organism live
3. The range of temperature that the organism needs to live
4. The functional role played by the organism where it lives
Find the odd one out about levels of biological
1. works at the organismic level
2. Tries to understand the adaptation with respect to survival only
3. Tries to understand the adaptation with respect to reproduction only
4. None of these
Identify the biome that is not correctly matched with the physical parameters given in corresponding Column II and Column III:
|Biome||Mean annual temperature||Mean annual precipitation [cm]|
|1.||Tropical forest||20-25||130 - 430|
|2.||Arctic and alpine tundra||-12 - 2||10 -125|
|3.||Coniferous forest||-5 - 5||100 -200|
|4.||Temperate forest||8-22||50 - 225|
A. Life exists in compost pits, permafrost polar regions.
B. Our intestine host only 3-10 microbes.
C. Major biomes of India include desert rainforest and tundra.
D. The important physicochemical components alone characterise different habitats.
How many of the above statements is/are wrong?
3. Only one
4. All four
An association of individuals of different species living in the same habitat and having
functional interactions is.
1. ecological niche
2. biotic community