1. Franklin Stahl coined the term "linkage".
2. Punnett square was developed by a British scientist.
3. Spliceosomes take part in translation.
4. Transduction was discovered by S. Altman.
1. Starch synthesis in pea: Multiple alleles
2. ABO blood grouping: Co-dominance
3. XO type sex determination: Grasshopper
4. T.H Morgan: Linkage
Which of the following characteristics represent the 'Inheritance of blood groups' in humans?
c. Multiple allelism
d. Incomplete dominance
e. Polygenic inheritance
|1.||b, c, and e||2.||a, b and c|
|3.||b, d, and e||4.||a, c, and e|
A woman has an X-linked condition on one of her X chromosomes. This chromosome can be inherited by:
|1.||Only daughters||2.||Only sons|
|3.||Only grandchildren||4.||Both sons and daughters|
Thalassemia and sickle cell anaemia are caused due to a problem in globin molecule synthesis. Select the correct statement:
|1.||Both are due to a quantitative defect in globin chain synthesis|
|2.||Thalassemia is due to less synthesis of globin molecules|
|3.||Sickle cell anemia is due to a quantitative problem of globin molecules|
|4.||Both are due to a qualitative defect in globin chain synthesis|
The genotypes of a husband and Wife are IAIB and IAi.
Among the blood types of their children, how many different genotypes and phenotypes are possible?
1. 3 genotypes; 4 phenotypes
2. 4 genotypes; 3 phenotypes
3. 4 genotypes; 4 phenotypes
4. 3 genotypes; 3 phenotypes
A disease caused by an autosomal primary non-disjunction is:
1. Klinefelter's Syndrome
2. Turner's Syndrome
3. Sickle Cell Anemia
4. Down's Syndrome
Among the following characters, which one was not considered by Mendel in his experiments on pea?
1. Trichomes-Gladular or non-gladular
2. Seed-green or yellow
3. Pod-inflated or constricted
4. Stem-Tall or Dwarf
Which one from those given below is the period for Mendel's hybridization experiments?
The mechanism that causes a gene to move from one linkage group to another is called