Which of the following is not required in photosynthesis?
Which of the following statements does not justify the importance of photosynthesis?
1. it is the primary source of all food on earth.
2. it is responsible for the release of oxygen into the atmosphere.
3. it is responsible for the water balance on earth.
4. use of energy from sunlight by plants doing photosynthesis is the basis of life on earth.
Photosynthesis is a-
a. Biochemical process
b. Physical process
c. Chemical process
d. Physico-chemical process
Blackman's law is related to
(3) root pressure
Which of the following statement is correct?
a. H2S is the hydrogen donor for purple and green sulphur bacteria.
b. H2O is the hydrogen donor for purple and green sulphur bacteria.
c. Oxygen is evolved by the purple and green sulphur bacteria.
d. Oxygen evolved by the green plants comes from CO2.
One scientist cultured Cladophora in a suspension of Azotobacter and illuminated the culture by splitting light through a prism. He observed that bacteria accumulated mainly in the region of:
1. Violet and green light
2. Indigo and green light
3. Orange and yellow light
4. Blue and red light
Choose the incorrect statement regarding early experiments on photosynthesis
1. Priestley experiment revealed the essential role of air in the growth of a green plant
2. Ingenhousz showed that sunlight is essential to the plant processes
3. It is green parts of the plants that can release oxygen
4. Von Sachs provided evidence for production of carbon dioxide when plants grow
Sunlight is essential for photosynthesis is established
1. Jan Ingenhousz
2. Robert Hill
4. Julius Von Sach
|Column – I||Column - II|
|i.||Jan Ingenhousz||a.||discovery of O2|
|ii.||Joseph Priestley||b.||Plants restore to the air whatever breathing animals and burning candles remove|
|iii.||T.W Englemann||c.||showed that only the green part of the plants could release oxygen|
|iv.||Julius von Sachs||d.||discovery of production of glucose in plants|
|e.||first action spectrum of photosynthesis|
|f.||Using a prism he split light into its spectral components and then illuminated Cladophora, placed in a suspension of aerobic bacteria.|
Which of the following shows the correct match?
1. i-c; ii-b; iii-a, e, f; iv-d
2. i-a, b; ii-c; iii-d; iv- e, f.
3. i-a; ii- b; iii- c, e; iv-f.
4. i-c, ii-a,b; iii-e, f; iv-d;
The half-leaf experiment, where a part of the leaf is enclosed in a test tube containing some KOH soaked cotton was performed, which showed that _________ was required for photosynthesis?