Which of the following algae contains mannitol as reserve food material?
Which of the following algae produce Carrageen?
(1) Red algae
(2) Blue-green algae
(3) Green algae
(4) Brown algae
Gemmae are present in:
(1) Some Gymnosperms
(2) Some Liverworts
Genera like Selaginella and Salvinia produce two kinds of spores. Such plants are known as
Which of the following pairs is of unicellular algae?
1. Gelidium and Gracilaria
2. Anabaena and Volvox
3. Chlorella and Spirulina
4. Laminaria and Sargassum
Phycoerythrin is the major pigment in :
1. Red algae
2. Blue-green algae
3. Green algae
4. Brown algae
Which of the following statements is incorrect about gymnosperms?
1. They are heterosporous
2. Male and female gametophytes are free-living
3. Most of them have narrow leaves with thick cuticle
4. Their seeds are not covered
Male and female gametophytes do not have an independent free-living existence in:-
Pinus seed cannot germinate and establish without fungal association. This is because:
1. its seeds contain inhibitors that prevent germination.
2. its embryo is immature.
3. it has obligate association with mycorrhizae.
4. it has very hard seed coat.
From evolutionary point of view, retention of the female gametophyte with developing young embryo on the parent sporophyte for some time, is first observed in :