Nucleic acids are the polymers of :
1. Nucleosides
2. Nucleotides
3. Bases
4. Sugars
| 1. | \(\beta\)-D-Ribose and phosphoric acid only |
| 2. | \(\beta\)-D-2-Deoxyribose and phosphoric acid only |
| 3. | \(\beta\)-D-Ribose, phosphoric acid, and nitrogen-containing heterocyclic compounds |
| 4. | \(\beta\)-D-2-Deoxyribose and nitrogen-containing heterocyclic compounds only |
The incorrect statement about nucleic acid is:
| 1. | It is responsible for heredity. |
| 2. | It is responsible for protein synthesis in a cell. |
| 3. | It is a constituent of the chromosome. |
| 4. | It is responsible for the transmission of chemical signals. |
The correct statement about RNA is :
| 1. | The helical structure of RNA is mostly single-stranded . |
| 2. | It has deoxyribose sugar. |
| 3. | It is the chemical basis of heredity. |
| 4. | It contains thymine (T) |
DNA does not have:
1. Adenine
2. Thymine
3. Cytosine
4. Uracil
RNA does not contain:
1. Adenine
2. Uracil
3. Thymine
4. Cytosine
Carbon atoms of pentose sugars of nucleotides having phosphodiester linkage are:
1. 5' and 3'
2. 2' and 5'
3. 5' and 5'
4. '3 and 3'
| Statement I: | A unit formed by the attachment of a base to 1' position of sugar is known as a nucleoside. |
| Statement II: | When nucleoside is linked to a phosphorous acid at 5' position of sugar moiety, we get nucleotide. |
| 1. | Statement I is false but Statement II is true. |
| 2. | Both Statement I and Statement II are true. |
| 3. | Both Statement I and Statement II are false. |
| 4. | Statement I is true but Statement II is false. |