The lateral branches originate from the basal and underground portion of the main stem, grow horizontally beneath the soil and then come out obliquely upward to give rise to leafy shoot?
Which of the following examples are associated with such modifications?
(1) Banana, Mint and Jasmine
(2) Banana, Pineapple, Chrysanthemum
(3) Pineapple, Mint, Citrus
(4) Papaya, Citrus, Banana
Generally leaf is not
3. Developing on node
4. Bearing bud in its axil
(1) Arranged in acropetal manner
(2) Most important reproductive organ in plants
(3) Important for photosynthesis
(4) A typical leaf has three main parts- leaf base, Petiole and lamina
Find the incorrect statement.
(1) Attached to the stem by the leaf base
(2) Always bear two lateral small leaf like structures called stipules
(3) Monocots have small sheath like leaf base which covers the stem wholly
(4) All leguminous plants have swollen leaf base
Which of the following parts of leaf has major role to hold the blade to light?
The fluttering of the leaf blade is facilitated by
(1) Swollen pulvinus
(2) Membranous sheath
(3) Long and thin Petiole
(4) Broad lamina
Veins and veinlets are not present in
(2) Leaf blade
(3) Leaf broader surface
(4) Leaf base
Midrib is usually not used in
(2) Prominent vein
(3) A mean to provide rigidity
(4) transport only water, minerals, gases like carbon dioxide and food materials
Which of the following is relatively constant in all dicot leaves?
(2) Margin, apex and surface
(3) Extent of incision
The arrangement of veins and the veinlets in the lamina of leaf is termed as