Which of the following act as a respiratory substrate under certain conditions in the plant-animal?
Which of the following act as respiratory substrate under certain conditions in the plant?
(2) Organic Acid
(4) All of these
The energy in Respiration is
(1) Released in a single step
(2) Released in multiple step processes and is trapped in the form of ADP
(3) Released in step wise reactions controlled by ribozymes
(4) Released in step wise reactions controlled by enzymes and is trapped as ATP
Carbon skeletons produced during respiration is
(1) Used as energy source
(2) Used as precursors for biosynthesis of other molecules in the cell
(3) Used for synthesis of ATP by ATP synthase
(4) Used as remanant of biosynthesis of proteins
The plants do not breathe can be justified except
(1) Plants do not have sophisticated organs for gaseous exchange
(2) Each plant part takes care of it's own gas-exchange needs
(3) There is huge transport of gases from one plant part to another
(4) Roots, stems and leaves respired at rates far lower than animals do.
Which of the following is not correct?
(1) Roots, stems and leaves respire at rates far lower than animals do
(2) Plants do not present great demands for gaseous exchange
(3) When cells photosynthesis, availability of oxygen is not a problem in these cells since oxygen is released within the cell
(4) Gases has to diffused over a great distance in large bulky plants
Following are the statements. Choose the correct ones.
p. Each living cell in plant is located quite close to the surface of the plant.
q. In stem, the living cells are organised in thin layers inside and beneath the bark
r. Stems have openings called lenticel
s. A part of living cell is somehow in contact with outer environment
t. The loose packing of parenchyma cells in leaves, stems and roots provide an interconnected network of air spaces to facilitate the direct availability of gases
The complete combustion of glucose
(1) Most of which is given out in the form of ATP
(2) Most of which is given out in the form of heat
(3) Most of which is given out in the form of NADH
(4) Most of which is given out in the form of FADH2
All the living organisms do have
(4) Oxidative Phosphorylation
Which of the following is not correct regarding Glycolysis?
(1) The word has originated from Greek word-Glycos
(2) The scheme for glycolysis was given by Gustav Embden, Otto Meyerhof, J Parnas.
(3) It is also called as EMP pathway
(4) In all organisms, it is the only process of Respiration