AsF5 molecule is trigonal bipyramidal. The hybrid orbitals used by As-atoms for bonding are
The types of hybrid orbitals of nitrogen in NO2+, NO3- and NH4+ respectively are expected to be
1. sp, sp3 and sp2
2. sp, sp2 and sp3
3. sp2, sp and sp3
4. sp2, sp3 and sp
Which of the following statement is not correct from the view point of molecular orbital theory ?
1. Be2 is not a stable molecule
2. He2 is not a stable but He2+ is expected to exist.
3. Bond strength of N2 is maximum amongst the homonuclear diatomic molecules belonging to the second period.
4. The order of energies of molecular orbitals in N2 molecule is
s2s < s*2s < s2pz < (p2px=p2py) < (p*2px=p*2py) < s*2pz
Compound that does not exhibit hydrogen bonding is-
PCl5 is highly unstable and in a solid-state, it exists as into [PCl4]+ and [PCl6]- ions.
The geometry of [PCl6]- is
3. Square pyramidal
4. Square planar
Which of the following species has maximum number of lone-pair of electrons on the central atom ?
Which is the least polarizable gas among the following?
Correct statement among the following regarding the shape of HgCl2, SnCl2 and F2O is:
1. All have a linear shape.
2. SnCl2 are linear and HgCl2 is V-shaped.
3. HgCl2 is linear while SnCl2 and F2O are V-shaped.
4. None of the above.
Equilateral shape has
1. sp hybridisation
2. sp2 hybridisation
3. sp3 hybridisation
4. dsp2 hybridisation
In an octahedral structure, the pair of d orbitals involved in d2sp3-hybridisation is