Which one of the following is planar ?
In ion, the formal charge on each oxygen atom and P-O bond order respectively are
1. -0.75, 0.6
2. -0.75, 1.0
3. -0.75, 1.25
4. -3.1, 1.25
The dielectric constant of H2O is 80. The electrostatic force of attraction between Na+ and Cl- will be
1. reduced to in water than in air
2. reduced to in water than in air
3. will be increased to 80 in water than in air
4. will remain unchanged
Which of the following is isoelectronic?
In an octahedral structure, the pair of d orbitals involved in d2sp3-hybridisation is
Equilateral shape has
1. sp hybridisation
2. sp2 hybridisation
3. sp3 hybridisation
4. dsp2 hybridisation
AsF5 molecule is trigonal bipyramidal. The hybrid orbitals used by As-atoms for bonding are
Overlap of which of the following atomic orbitals would be maximum to form the strongest covalent bond.
1. 1s-2s (σ)
2. 1s-2p (σ)
3. 2p-2p (π)
4. 2p-2p (σ)
The types of hybrid orbitals of nitrogen in NO2+, NO3- and NH4+ respectively are expected to be
1. sp, sp3 and sp2
2. sp, sp2 and sp3
3. sp2, sp and sp3
4. sp2, sp3 and sp
Which of the following statement is not correct from the view point of molecular orbital theory ?
1. Be2 is not a stable molecule
2. He2 is not a stable but He2+ is expected to exist.
3. Bond strength of N2 is maximum amongst the homonuclear diatomic molecules belonging to the second period.
4. The order of energies of molecular orbitals in N2 molecule is
s2s < s*2s < s2pz < (p2px=p2py) < (p*2px=p*2py) < s*2pz