Which of the following statements are not true?
(1) The origin of life is considered a unique event in the history of universe.
(2) Earth is just a speck.
(3) Universe is almost 20 million years old
(4) Galaxies contain stars and clouds of gas and dust
Big Bang theory attempts to explain
(1) The origin of universe
(2) The origin of Earth
(3) The origin of life
(4) The origin of environment
Which of the following is not true about Big Bang theory?
(1) A singular huge explosion
(2) Universe expanded and temperature came down
(3) Hydrogen and Helium formed alongwith this expansion
(4) The gases condensed under gravitation and formed the galaxies of the present day universe.
Which of the following is true regarding early earth?
1. Earth was supposed to have been formed about 4.5 billion years back.
2. The atmosphere of early earth was full of water vapour.
3. The surface of earth was covered by water vapour, methane and carbondioxide, the three compounds, formed from molten mass.
4. The UV rays from the sun broke up water into hydrogen and oxygen and lighter oxygen escaped.
…….combined with ….. and….. to form water, CO2 and others.
(1) Oxygen, ammonia and Methane
(2) Hydrogen, ammonia and Methane
(3) Hydrogen, Methane and ammonia
(4) Oxygen, Methane and hydrogen
Which of the following theory is dismissed by Louis Pasteur's Experiment?
(1) Theory of panspermia
(2) Theory of spontaneous generation
(3) Theory of special creation
(4) Catastrophic theory
Oparin of…… and Haldane of ….. proposed that the first form of life could have come from pre existing …………
(1) Russia, England, non-living inorganic molecules
(2) England, Russia, living organic matter
(3) Russia, England, non-living organic molecules
(4) England, Russia, life
The formation of diverse organic molecules from inorganic molecules was proposed by
(1) L. Miller
(4) Both B and C
Which of the following conditions was not there in the Earth at the time of origin of first life form?
(1) High Temperature
(2) Volcanic storms
(3) Reducing atmosphere
(4) Oxygen,Methane and Ammonia in the environment
Which of the following statements is true?
(1) A British scientist created the conditions proposed by Oparin and Haldane in a closed flask with temperature of 800 degree Celsius in electric discharge along with gases methane, hydrogen, ammonia and water vapour and observed formation of amino acid.
(2) Some similar experimental setups were also prepared by other scientists and formation of sugar, nitrogenous bases, Pigments and Fats was recorded.
(3) The processes of chemical evolution were occurring elsewhere in space was concluded by the analysis of content of gaseous cloud.
(4) The first self replicating metabolic capsule of life arose 3 billion years back.