D, E, F and G are the four daughter cells resulting when cell A undergoes meiosis as shown in the following diagram. If no crossing over has occurred which cells listed below, if any, are genetically identical?
(1) Cells B and C
(2) No two cells
(3) Cells D and E, cells F and G
(4) Cells D, and F, Cell E and G
The DNA content of individual cells and the number of cells in each phase of a "cell cycle" can be determined, using flow cytometry. Which of the following combinations of "phase of a cell cycle and its corresponding DNA content" can be considered normal?
A. Diploid cells found in the Go or G1 phase.
B. Cells with twice the normal DNA content in the early M phase.
C. Cells with intermediate amounts of DNA in the S Phase.
D. Cells with twice the normal DNA content in the G2 phase.
(1) A and B
(2) B and C
(3) C and D
(4) All are correct
Let a cell's generation time is 1 minute. In 20 minutes a culture tube (culture medium) is 1/8th filled with cells. When the tube will be fullfilled?
(1) 21 minutes
(2) 23 minutes
(3) 60 minutes
(4) 160 minutes
The following diagram refers to a typical cell cycle.
Identify the parts marked as X, Y and Z.
1. X - G1; Y - S; Z - G2 2. X - G2; Y - S; Z - G1
3. X - G0; Y - S; Z - G2 4. X - G1; Y - G2; Z - G0
Identify the meiotic stage in which the homologous chromosomes separate while the sister chromatids remain associated at their centromeres:
(1) Metaphase I
(2) Metaphase II
(3) Anaphase I
(4) Anaphase II
At which stage of meiosis does the genetic constitution of gametes is finally decided:
(1) Metaphase I
(2) Anaphase II
(3) Metaphase II
(4) Anaphase I
Select the correct statement about G1 phase:
(1) Cell is metabolically inactive
(2) DNA in the cell does not replicate
(3) It is not a phase of synthesis of macromolecules
(4) Cell stops growing
A. Most dramatic period of cell cycle
involving a major reorganization of virtually all components of the cell
B. It represents the phase when the actual cell division occurs
These statements (A & B) are concerned with
1.S-phase 2. G1 phase
3. M-phase 4. G2 phase
Select the correct statement
(1) Chromosoms decondense and lose their individuality during anaphase
(2) Spindle fibres attach to kinetochores of chromosomes during early prophase
(3) Centriole begins to move towards opposite poles of the cell during metaphase
(4) DNA is replicated during S-phase of cell cycle
Interkinesis stage of cell cycle
(1) Is generally short lived
(2) Shows DNA duplication
(3) Is generally long lived
(4) Is followed by prophase-I