Match the Column-I and Column-II with Column-III:
|A. Marginal||I.||a. Sunflower,Marigold|
|B. Axile||II.||b. Dianthus, Primrose|
|C. Parietal||III.||c. Mustard,Argemone|
|D. Free Central||IV.||d. Chinarose, Tomato, Lemon|
|E. Basal||V.||e. Pea|
1. A - V, e; B - II, d; C - I, c; D - III, b; E - IV, a
2. A - I, e; B - II, d; C - III, c; D - IV, b; E - V, a
3. A - V, a; B - II, d; C - I, b; D - III, c; E - IV, e
4. A - V, a; B - III, b; C - II, d; D - I, e; E - IV, c
Identify A and B leaves:
1. A - Pinnately compound leaf, B - Palmately compound leaf
2. A - Palmately compound leaf, B - Pinnately compound leaf
3. A - Pinnately compound leaf, B - Pinnately compound leaf
4. A - Palmately compound leaf, B - Palmately compound leaf
In marginal placentation, the ovules are arranged:
1. Along the inner wall of the carpel in a syncarpous ovary
2. Along the margin of single carpel
3. In the middle of the ovary
4. To the base of the ovary
The seed coat has 2 layers, the outer _____________ and inner _____________. The _____________ is a scar on the seed coat through which the developing seeds are attached to the fruit. Above the ____________ is a small pore called the __________:
1. Testa, tegmen, hilum, hilum, micropyle
2. Tegmen, testa, hilum, hilum, micropyle
3. Testa, tegmen, micropyle, micropyle, hilum
4. Tegmen, testa, micropyle, micropyle, hilum
In castor, the food storing tissue is:
Match the Column-I with Column-II and choose the correct answers:
B. Food storing tissue
C. Parthenocarpic fruit
D.Single seeded fruit
1. A - iii, B - i, C - iv, D - ii, E - v
2. A - iv, B - ii, C - v, D - i, E - iii
3. A - v, B - i, C - iii, D - iv, E - ii
4. A - iv, B - v, C - i, D - ii, E - iii
Scutellum is the first leaf of:
Find out the False statement from below ones:
I. Calyx and corolla are reproductive organs of a flower.
II. Zygomorphic flower can be divided into two equal radial halves in any radial plane.
III. Flowers without bracts are termed as bracteate.
IV. Parthenocarpic fruit is formed after fertilization of the ovary.
V. In legumes seed is non-endospermic.
VI. Ovary is inferior in Fabaceae.
VII. A fertile stamen is called staminode.
VIII. Radical buds develop on roots.
(1) I, II, III, IV, VI, VII
(2) I, II, V, VIII
(3) III, IV, VIII
(4) IV, V, VIII
Pentamerous, actinomorphic flowers, bicarpellary ovary with oblique septa and fruit as a capsule or berry are characteristic feature of:
Which of the following is characteristic feature of Fabaceae?
1. Descending imbricate, ten stamens, diadelphous, ovary inferior
2. Sepals five, gamosepalous, imbricate aestivation, axile placentation
3. Monocarpellary, ovary inferior, style long, slightly bent at the apex
4. Zygomorphic flowers, vexillary aestivation in corolla, monocarpellary, ovary superior, diadelphous, ten stamens, many ovules, placentation marginal