Identify the types of aestivation shown in the following diagram:
(1) A - Valvate, B - Twisted, C - Imbricate, D - Vexillary
(2) A - Vexillary, B - Valvate, C - Twisted, D - Imbricate
(3) A - Imbricate, B - Vexillary, C - Valvate, D - Twisted
(4) A - Twisted, B - Imbricate, C - Vexillary, D - Valvate
Match the following figures with I, II and III:
I. Hypogynous flower
II. Perigynous flower
III. Epigynous flower
(1) A - I, B - II, C - III
(2) A - I, B - III, C - II
(3) A - III, B - II, C - I
(4) A - III, B - I, C - II
Match the Column-I and Column-II with Column-III:
Column-I Column-II Column-III
A. Marginal I. 1. Sunflower,Marigold
B. Axile II. 2. Dianthus, Primrose
C. Parietal III. 3. Mustard,Argemone
D. Free Central IV. 4. Chinarose, Tomato, Lemon
E. Basal V. 5. Pea
(a) A - V, 5; B - II, 4; C - I, 3; D - III, 2; E - IV, 1
(b) A - I, 5; B - II, 4; C - III, 3; D - IV, 2; E - V, 1
(c) A - V, 1; B - II, 4; C - I, 2; D - III, 3; E - IV, 5
(d) A - V, 1; B - III, 2; C - II, 4; D - I, 5; E - IV, 3
Identify A and B leaves:
(1) A - Pinnately compound leaf, B - Palmately compound leaf
(2) A - Palmately compound leaf, B - Pinnately compound leaf
(3) A - Pinnately compound leaf, B - Pinnately compound leaf
(4) A - Palmately compound leaf, B - Palmately compound leaf
In marginal placentation, the ovules are arranged:
(1) Along the inner wall of the carpel in a syncarpous ovary
(2) Along the margin of single carpel
(3) In the middle of the ovary
(4) To the base of the ovary
The seed coat has 2 layers, the outer _____________ and inner _____________. The _____________ is a scar on the seed coat through which the developing seeds are attached to the fruit. Above the ____________ is a small pore called the __________:
(1) Testa, tegmen, hilum, hilum, micropyle
(2) Tegmen, testa, hilum, hilum, micropyle
(3) Testa, tegmen, micropyle, micropyle, hilum
(4) Tegmen, testa, micropyle, micropyle, hilum
In castor, the food storing tissue is:
Match the Column-I with Column-II and choose the correct answers:
B. Food storing tissue
C. Parthenocarpic fruit
D.Single seeded fruit
(a) A - 3, B - 1, C - 4, D - 2, E - 5
(b) A - 4, B - 2, C - 5, D - 1, E - 3
(c) A - 5, B - 1, C - 3, D - 4, E - 2
(d) A - 4, B - 5, C - 1, D - 2, E - 3
Scutellum is the first leaf of:
Find out the False statement from below ones:
I. Calyx and corolla are reproductive organs of a flower.
II. Zygomorphic flower can be divided into two equal radial halves in any radial plane.
III. Flowers without bracts are termed as bracteate.
IV. Parthenocarpic fruit is formed after fertilization of the ovary.
V. In legumes seed is non-endospermic.
VI. Ovary is inferior in Fabaceae.
VII. A fertile stamen is called staminode.
VIII. Radical buds develop on roots.
(1) I, II, III, IV, VI, VII
(2) I, II, V, VIII
(3) III, IV, VIII
(4) IV, V, VIII