Bile produced in the liver is associated with which of the following?
(1) Emulsification of fats into tiny globules (micelles) in the small intestine by bile salts
(2) Digestive action of pancreatic amylase
(3) Emulsification of fats into tiny globules in the stomach
(4) Digestion of proteins into amino acids
(1) The bile released into the duodenum contains bile pigments- bilirubin and bili-verdin, bile salts, cholesterol and phospholipids but no enzymes. Bile helps in emulsification of fats, i.e., breaking down of the fats into very small micelles. It also activates lipases. (page- 263)