Which among the following is not true about pollen grain?
(1) Rich in nutrients.
(2) Many species cause severe allergies and bronchial afflictions in some people often leading to chronic respiratory disorders– asthma, bronchitis, etc.
(3) Pollen consumption has been claimed to increase the performance race horses.
(4) Parthenium is used against pollen allergy.
In angiosperms, viability of pollen grains generally depend on
(1) Pressure and humidity
(2) Temperature and humidity
(3) Plant type
(4) Structure of pollen
Pollen grain of which among the following lose viability within 30 minutes?
Which among the following is not a feature of pistil?
Cryopreservation is a technique to preserve substances like pollen grains in liquid nitrogen at temperature
(1) –150 °C
(2) 77.15 K
(3) –210 °C
(4) 110 K
A, B, C, D in the following diagram respectively are:-
(1) Hilum, funicle, inner integument, micropyle
(2) Hilum, funicle, outer integument, micropyle
(3) Funicle, outer integument, nucellus, chalazal pole
(4) Funicle, outer integument, nucellus, micropylar end
Megasporangium is equivalent to:
(1) Embryo sac
Microsporangium is generally surrounded by 4 wall layers. Which of the following 3 wall layers perform the function of protection and help in the dehiscence of anther to release the pollen?
(a) Epidermis, tapetum, endothecium
(b) Epidermis, aril, endothecium
(c) Epidermis, endodermis, mesocarp
(d) Epidermis, middle layer and endothecium
The above given diagram is an enlarged view of one microsporangium of a mature anther. Identify A, B and C
(a) A - Middle layer, B - Endothecium, C – Tapetum
(b) A - Endothecium, B - Tapetum, C - Middle layer
(c) A - Endothecium, B - Middle layer, C – Tapetum
(d) A - Tapetum, B - Middle layer, C - Endothecium
Which of the following points is incorrect about sporopollenin?
(a) It is one of the most resistant organic material known
(b) It can withstand high temperature and strong acids and alkali
(c) 2 enzymes that degrade sporopollenin are known so far
(d) Pollen grains are well preserved as fossils because of presence of sporopollenin