A, B, C and D in the following diagram respectively are:
(1) Epidermis, endothecium, middle layers, tapetum
(2) Epidermis, middle layers, PMC, tapetum
(3) Endothecium, middle layers, microspore mother cells, tapetum
(4) Epidermis, middle layers, tapetum, PMC
Match the following:
|1||Male gametophyte||I||Embryo sac|
(1) 1-III ; 2-I ; 3-II ; 4-IV
(2) 1-I ; 2-II ; 3-III ; 4-IV
(3) 1-IV ; 2-III ; 3-II ; 4-I
(4) 1-III ; 2-II ; 3-I ; 4-IV
The following figure represents :
(1) Transverse section of young anther
(2) 3-D cut section of mature anther
(3) Cut section of filament
(4) Transverse section of mature filament
The diameter of pollen grain generally varies from:
(1) 40-50 micrometers
(2) 25-50 micrometers
(3) 10-12 micrometers
(4) 8-25 micrometers
The outer layer exine is made up of:
(1) Cellulose and pectin
Which among the following is not a characteristic feature of sporopollenin?
(1) Sporopollenin is one of the most resistant organic material known.
(2) It can withstand high pressures.
(3) No enzyme that degrades sporopollenin is known.
(4) The exine exhibits a fascinating array of patterns and designs.
Identify A, B and X :-
X contains two cells - A and B. B is bigger than A, it has abundant food reserve and large irregularly shaped nucleus. A is small and floats in the cytoplasm of B. It is spindle shaped with dense cytoplasm and nucleus.
|(1)||Vegetative cell||Generative cell||Pollen grain|
|(2)||Generative cell||Vegetative cell||Pollen grain|
|(3)||Generative cell||Vegetative cell||Anther|
|(4)||Generative cell||Vegetative cell||Filament|
Which among the following is not true about pollen grain?
(1) Rich in nutrients.
(2) Many species cause severe allergies and bronchial afflictions in some people often leading to chronic respiratory disorders– asthma, bronchitis, etc.
(3) Pollen consumption has been claimed to increase the performance race horses.
(4) Parthenium is used against pollen allergy.
Pollen grain of which among the following lose viability within 30 minutes?
Which among the following is not a feature of pistil?