Genetically engineered bovine (bST), sometimes called rbST (recombinant bovine somatotropin) or rbGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone) are used in the.
(1) therapeutic drugs
(3) dairy industry
(4) DNA fingerprinting
Which of the following is correctly matched ?
(1) Central Rice Research Institute - Shimla
(2) National Botanical Research Institute - Delhi
(3) Central Drug Research Institute - Cuttack
(4) Central food Technology Research Institute - Mysore
Wonder wheat is new wheat variety developed by
(1) Mexico's international wheat and maize improvement centre
(2) Indian national botanical research institute
(3) Australian crop improvement centre
(4) African crop improvement centre
Which statement is correct?
A. Somaclonal variations are the variations observed in plants generated from somatic cultures.
B. A transgenic crop is one that contains and expresses a transgene.
C. Chloromycetin is obtained from Penicillium.
D. Bioprospecting is the process of discovery and commercialization of new products based on biological resources
(1) A, B, D
(2) B, C
(3) C, D
(4) A, B, C, D
What is the genetic importance of outcrossing?
(1) Outcrossing is a characteristic of pollinators
(2) Outcrossing increases genetic diversity in a population
(3) Outcrossing increases the chances of sterility
(4) Outcrossing promotes inbreeding in a population
Tritical is obtained by crossing wheat with
The callus is defined as
(1) decaying cells
(2) differentiated cells
(3) sterile mass cells
(4) undifferentiated mass of cells
One of these protozoans is threat to apiculture and sericulture
Pollorum disease in fowls is caused by
In callus culture, shoots can be included by the supply of
(1) auxin and no cytokinin
(2) higher concentration of auxin and lower concentration of cytokinin
(3) Higher concentration of cytokinin and lower concentration of auxin
(4) Both auxin and cytokinin in equal amounts