Cell respiration is carried out by
(4) Golgi bodies
The process by which ATP is produced in the inner membrane of a mitochondrion. The electron transport system transfers protons from the inner compartment of the outer; as the protons flow back to the inner compartment, the energy of their movement is used to add phosphate to ADP, forming ATP.
Assertion : Aerobic animals are not truely aerobic.
Reason : They produce lactic acid anaerobically.
Assertion : Carbohydrates are more suitable for the production of energy in the body than proteins and fats.
Reason : Carbohydrates can be stored in the tissues as glycogen for use in the production of energy, whenever necessary.
Assertion : The mode of nutrition in higher animals is heterotrophic.
Reason : Animals can use different trophic levels for heterotrophic nutrition.
Which of the following is true about respiration
(1)it is for energy liberation
(2)it can occur both O2 presence and its absence
(3)In humans R.B.C show anaerobic respiration
(4)All of these
What is the correct order of the stages of cellular respiration ?
(1) Krebs' cycle electron- transport- chain glycolysis
(2) Electron transport chain- Krebs' cycle - glycolysis
(3) Glycolysis - Krebs' cycle - electron transport chain
(4) Glycolysis - electron transport chain - Krebs' cycle
The colour in the brown fat is due is
(1) its larger capacity for generating heat
(2) large number of mitochondria present
(3) a high concentration of iron containing cytochrome pigments
(4) presence of chromatophores
RQ (Respiratory Quotient) is defined as
Aerobic respiration produces more usable chemical energy than fermentation, because fermentation involves
(1) formation of lactic acid
(2) complete oxidation of food
(3) partial oxidation of food
(4) evolution of CO2 and alcohol