The following is the diagram of T.S. of anther. Identify the parts labelled A, B and C.
(1) A - Connective tissue, B - Pollen grains, C - Endothecium
(2) A - Endothecium, B -Connective tissue, C - Pollen grains
(3) A - Pollen grains, B - Connective tissue, C - Endothecium
(4) A - Endothecium, B - Pollen grains, C - Connective tissue
Select the option that contains all plants which produce non-endospermic seeds.
(1) Gram, Pea, Bean, Groundnut
(2) Castor, Peanut, Orchid, Wheat
(3) Coconut, Walnut, Wheat, Gram
(4) Castor, Maize, Coconu, Orchid
Pollination in Rafflesia is occurred by
a. carrion flies
Censar mechanism of seed dispersal is found in
Which one of the most common embryo sac in flowering plant?
(1) Monosporic, 8 nucleated and 7 celled
(2) Monosporic, 7 celled and 7 nucleated
(3) Bisporic, 8 nucleated and 7 celled
(4) Bisporic, 7 celled and 8 nucleated
When a fern plant is developed from its prothallus without fertilisation? This pehnomenon is an example of
In a flowering plant, the pollen tube first arrives in
(2) an antipodal cell
(3) a synergid
(4) central cell
If a stock has 2n = 48 and scion microspore mother cell has 2n = 24; then root cell and the microspores will have .... chromosomes respectively.
(1) 12, 48
(2) 48, 12
(3) 24, 12
(4) 24, 96
A fertilized egg of a plant has 40 chromosomes. The number of chromosomes present in the microspore mother cell is